Online Training Course
Our self-paced, online, CME-accredited course serves as either an overview to the TEAMcare intervention or as a refresher for staff who have completed the 2-day in-person training. This 3-hour, five module course includes:
- TEAMcare study background
- Role of the care manager
- Multi-morbidity issues
- Systematic case review process
- New physician supervisory roles
The researchers and clinicians who developed the TEAMcare Program and have implemented it successfully in real-world settings are the same individuals who lead the TEAMcare Online Training. The course combines various audio and video formats along with periodic quizzes, to allow trainees to consolidate their learning while moving at their own pace.
Our online training is valuable to those unable to attend in-person training, for clinician hiring post-TEAMcare implementation, and as a cost-effective option for expanding the number of teams at larger institutions.
At the conclusion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Comprehend the primary clinical and organizational problems such as clinical inertia, lack of resources and competing demands that are addressed by TEAMcare
- Define the core components and the evidence base demonstrating that TEAMcare works
- Recognize how the role of the TEAMcare care manager differs from the traditional nurse and health care provider roles
- Identify the key skills and case management components that are required to implement TEAMcare
- Discuss how this model differs from traditional care, particularly with respect to overseeing a population of patients with multiple conditions as opposed to managing one patient at a time
- Understand the health population demographics, trends, and dynamics that are creating an increasing inability of traditional care to manage populations with multiple chronic conditions.
- Describe the key elements, personnel, roles and tasks that are required to effectively conduct systematic case review
The University of Washington School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Washington School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This online training course is designed to be 3-hours long. The training includes 5 modules- each with an assessment after each part for those desiring CME credit.
Development of TEAMcare resources is led by:
- Wayne Katon, MD- Professor & Vice Chair, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington School of Medicine; Director, Health Services Research and Psychiatric Epidemiology
- Paul Ciechanowski, MD, MPH- Associate Professor, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington School of Medicine; Director, Training Xchange, Center for Commercialization, University of Washington
Planning Committee and Authors
Wayne Katon, MD
Paul Ciechanowski, MD, MPH
for a list of the technical requirements for this online course
Obtaining CME Credit
To obtain CME course credit, course participants must complete a post-test and pass with a score of 80% or better. They will then receive a printable certificate.
Privacy and Confidentiality
for the University of Washington's Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality
Terms and Conditions
for the University of Washington's Terms and Conditions of Use
The TEAMcare online course was released on January 1, 2014, and is approved for designation of CME credit through December 31, 2015.
For questions about credit please contact the University of Washington CME Office at email@example.com
For technical questions please contact the Training Xchange Help Desk
© 2015 University of Washington. All rights reserved